IT HUB - IT, ITES, BPO & Biotech Hub of Eastern India: BHUBANESWAR
- City would house more than 2 Lac IT Professionals in the next 5 years….
- Five IT Parks – IT Hub of Eastern Region
- IIIT at Gothapatana- 14 km from Bhubaneswar – Quality Manpower for the IT sector
- Leading Private Sector Bank – ICICI Bank – Eastern Regional Hub
- Infosys, TCS, Mahindra Satyam, Wipro Global Delivery BPO Centre
- IT SMEs: More than 300 units in and around Bhubaneswar
- Group of investors from Silicon Valley setting up 5000 seater IT/ITES facility
- Target of exporting software: US $ 1 bn by 2011-12
Major software companies are looking at Bhubaneswar for setting up development centres considering the fact it has a large base of engineers graduating every year. Software development is set to take an upswing with the launch of IT Investment Region and other planned IT parks around the city. Big names like Infosys, TCS, Mahindra Satyam, have a presence in Bhubaneswar.
- IT SEZs in various stages of implementation…
- Info valley -15 km from Bhubaneswar – Integrated Township – 613 Acres
- DLF Info Park – Foundation stone laid – 1000 Crore Investment
- Mindspace I.T. Park by K.Raheja Corp
Proposed IT Investment Region on PPP mode at a cost of USD 3974 Mn.
Konark Knowledge Park at Andharua on 26 Ha of Land at an investment of USD 25 Mn in PPP mode is under implementation. Bharat Biotech is the Project Developer. The park would house Incubation centre, Modular Laboratories, Loaded Wet Laboratories, Pilot Plant and Training & Research Centre. This is expected to give the much needed boost to the Biotech sector